01 02 03 Reflections: Confessions of a Bride-to-be: On finding 'Mr. Right' 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Confessions of a Bride-to-be: On finding 'Mr. Right'

34
D-day closes in and days are flying faster than ever before. Not that I'm complaining - I can't wait for the big day. And it is not that I look forward to grandeur of expensive clothes and spotlights. And its not even the pampering that has got me wired up.
I count days to the big day because of the person whose last name I'll adopt. The warmth of the family that has nurtured him. The countless plans that he has made me an integral part of.

When you're happy it just shows, and I get asked this one question a lot - '"How did you know if he was 'The One?"
As cliche as it may sound, my answer is, "You'll just know!"

Yes, I just KNEW he was the one I wanted to be with. I KNEW, even before I met him in person. I KNEW it ever since the first time he texted 'Hi'.



I still don't know what made me save every whatsapp conversation on email, ever since we first began talking. How I began considering every little co-incidence as a sign from a power high above. How I could share every single detail of my life with a stranger I had never met. Or how I began to involve him in every decision I made.

So my advice to all you people looking for 'the one' in your life - fret not. When he's meant for you, you'll know it.

He'll be the one who will turn your life around. He'll make you want to change - not out of force, obligation or coercion - but out of your own free will to be a better person.

He'll make you believe in things that you would ordinarily have laughed at. From believing in destiny to being outright superstitious. Don't be surprised if you find yourself thanking God for him in every prayer you make, or refusing to share pictures of the two of you fearing your relationship will get jinxed. Take my word for it, you're hearing this straight out of the horse's mouth!

No matter how independent or un-girly you project yourself to be to the rest of the world, he will bring out your most caring and protective side. You will be amazed at how you can be both vulnerable yet fiercely protective of him at the same time. You will automatically respect the people who make him happy. His enemies will face your wrath.

You'll want to dress up for him. Those mildly seductive dresses that were shunned to the back of your closet will finally see the light of the day. You will begin to be interested in grooming. You will find yourself looking up tips to tame that unruly mane. And hairstyles, lipsticks and dating tips will suddenly become interesting!

And for those of you who find words like 'baby', 'honey' and 'darling' to be corny and 'oh-so-cheesy', be prepared to use these adresses like they are a second nature to you. Believe me, I have been in your place!


I seem to be living in a fairy-tale, yet I don't claim that my life is perfect. I feel blessed to be sleeping on a bed of roses right now, still I don't predict a 'happily ever after'. The choices I make might not always be correct and neither will my decisions always be fool-proof. There is so much we still have to learn about one another and so many challenges left to face.

In the end it all boils down to how we overcome these together, keeping the faith in 'us'. What matters is sticking by each other no matter what.
After all, 'where there is a will, there is a way'!

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38